Michael Sollis is looking for an Artist/Content Manager to work with him to promote his work, and promote how the arts can generate new ideas about the world around us.
This is a 0.2FTE position, which may suit a freelancer, someone with a portfolio career, or someone who is already managing a suite of artists. The position is not based in any particular city, and can be conducted remotely. More details and conditions are below.
Who is Michael Sollis?
Michael Sollis is a musician and interdisciplinary artist who creates performances, installations and digital content that nurture creative mindsets and generate new ideas. Michael shares diverse worldviews with curious people, and he works with artists, educators, communities, and audiences to question assumptions about the world around us.
Michael is an in-demand creative voice within the Australian arts landscape. He is Artistic Director of The Griffyn Ensemble, and Artistic Director Education for Musica Viva Australia, working with Australia’s finest musicians to give over 280,000 students every year the best opportunity to discover their unique creativity.
You can find out more about Michael at www.michaelsollis.com
This position may include advancing the work of The Griffyn Ensemble, which is a component of Michael’s creative business. This position is not related to Musica Viva Australia.
Key aspects of the role
This role will maximise the impact of Michael’s creative content through:
- Managing relationships with potential collaborators for online content and new artistic works
- Building and managing a social media strategy across various platforms
- Managing the roll out of digital content and social media
- Generating publicity and brand awareness for Michael’s work
- Creating copy that aligns with Michael’s work and values
- Sourcing opportunities for artistic development
- Sourcing opportunities for speaking and writing engagements
- Promoting a suite of existing projects to Festivals and presenters
This is earmarked to be a one day a week (0.2FTE) position. There is the opportunity for the position to expand and to receive commission-based incentives. The full-time equivalent salary is $80,000-$100,000 depending on experience, including superannuation. It can be a regular day per week, or the hours can be spread across a month, depending on what best suits the candidate.
This position may suit a freelancer, someone with a portfolio career, or someone who is already managing a suite of artists. Because of this, conditions and hours can be negotiated based on the circumstances of the candidate. Michael is based in Canberra, but the position can be based in any location.
- Ability to develop strategies to build a creative or artistic brand
- Proven success in developing social media and digital promotion
- Proven success in sourcing new opportunities and negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated values that align with Michael’s work
- Strong networks with the arts and media sector, or the demonstrated ability to form such networks
- Ability to take a holistic approach to artist management
To Apply or for enquiries
To apply, please submit a resume and a letter outlining how you address the criteria by COB Monday April 12th and send to email@example.com. For any questions, you can contact Michael via the email address above, or by phone on 0411 113 769.
Belconnen Arts Centre
118 Emu Bank
ACT 2617, Australia
+61 411 113 769